littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well i grabbed a shark egg from a store and planing on doing a fish only 300 gallon but it turned in to a reef tank.

But now i have a bamboo shark that is going to need a new home.

So where is the best place to have a tank made.

Looking for at least 500 gallons. 8x3x3 roughly in size. It can either be glass or acrylic.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Jeremy

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
what do you mean, bigger?, there is a member in marketplace selling a 1000gal acrylic (actually is 900g) 8'x6' for about $3000, as I recall. And my 450g was brought into my home by my brother and I...you'll need at least 4 more friends to bring in a glass tank. If you mean $ for $ you'll get a larger tank in glass, yes, you will, but there are advantages for either choice.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Think BIG!

126799_POOL_01_J.jpg

RaSooch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have seen people use retaining wall stones and a pond liner from home depot setup in their basement for a shark tank. Not sure how well it worked long term but it was a really inexpensive solution that you could be done yourself and you could go as big as you wanted to.

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Well thanks everyone for the info.

As i stated in my original post i had a 300 gallon for it but wanted to make it a reef tank.

Shark is in the reef tank and doing great but in a few years he will out grow it so need to start planning on doing a bigger tank

Im thinking about doing a concrete block for the back and sides with a glass panel on the front.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: