SnakeEyes27

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
(I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, I did not see a section for inverts)

I just picked up a cleaner shrimp and red banded pistol shrimp this past friday. Both animals showed good coloring and looked to be in good health. I did a drip for over 2 hours prior to introducing them to my tank.
The cleaner shrimp looks to be doing great, but I havent seen the RB pistol shrimp since placing him in the tank. Pistol shrimp burrow, but i was expecting to see more of him. Is it normal for them to burrow for an extended period of time in a new tank? Is there anything i can do to coax him out or at least determine that he's alive somewhere?

The only fish I have in the tank is a small yellow watchman goby so im not worried about the shrimp being eaten.

Thanks in advance.

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
do you have a watchman goby or another borrowing goby if not you might only get to hear the pistol.... i see mine come out with the watchman to eat only in the morning

SnakeEyes27

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a watchman (thats actually the reason why i actually ordered the pistol shrimp).

Thanks for the info, I was hoping id see him more. I was anticipating it taking a few weeks for the shrimp and the goby to team up. Any other tips on these guys?

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
mine took about 3 weeks to team up but once they do its very cool just now somtimes i dont get to see the watchman unless i break out the camera lmao

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: