rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
My simple question:

I am looking at different LED lamps for my new DT and was wondering if someone could tell me what are the key comparison points between the lamps? What should I be looking at or concern with from technical point of view. I am not concerned with warranty/price - just the light quality. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Is your question about LED vs different LEDs or
LED vs other technology of lights such as fluorescence and/or MH ....?

My simple question:

I am looking at different LED lamps for my new DT and was wondering if someone could tell me what are the key comparison points between the lamps? What should I be looking at or concern with from technical point of view. I am not concerned with warranty/price - just the light quality. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I will be discussing about just RAW parts here

1)Spectrum of color:
LED produce very exact wavelength so you need to know what color of light you need to make correct purchase for the intended purpose
2)Durability of the bulb
Maintenance becomes a hassle if they break down(that's don't get X grade LEDs)
3)Power Supply
Bad power supply cause a lot of problem
4)Drivers
According to Secretary of Energy of Britain, the success of LED relys on the success of drivers
5)Cooling
Without proper cooling they die quicker

Last edited:

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
I know it may seem silly question - but can you build a LED bulb that would replace T5 bulb or T8 bulb and still work? lets assume that for the sake of conversation you take reflectors out? what would be potential issues?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Just buy the LED T8 bulbs like what the Sunbrite products. These are general products and you can get them online or tag along my other shipments(I don't normally sell them.)
These bulbs use the T8 ballast to power the tube of LEDs. Make sure you have the right color you wanted upon ordering and choose the ones made of SMD instead of straw hat LEDs due to the heating concerns and intensity concerns. These tube light output cannot compare to power LEDs though for the same wattage. Check them out in next light show and compare with your own eyes/meters. I'll let you know when is the next light fair in NY/NJ or something.

I know it may seem silly question - but can you build a LED bulb that would replace T5 bulb or T8 bulb and still work? lets assume that for the sake of conversation you take reflectors out? what would be potential issues?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: