duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
dont know if i can post this here but i just came back from petswarehouse in copiague and they have 2 beautiful blue spotted jawfish.if i had the funds i would snatch 1 up but i dont.i know they are hard to get so if anyone was in the market for 1 they have 2..

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
save your money. you will put it in and it will be gone. i put 1 blue dot and 3 pearly jaws in and all vanished. i only had one pearly hang out for 8 months.

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest i think most jawfish are better housed either 1 per system or in a pair with mixed species only being possible in quite large systems with alot of subtrate and rubble zones available.

They can be quite agressive, especially to other membes of the same family when arguing over territory.

I have a freind who has a Blue spot in his 400 gallon reef and its fairly well settled, but its a deep tank, and there are a few small rock mounds dotted about with surrounding mixed fine sand and rubble zones that it uses as homes.

Regards

Simon.

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I know they are very hard to come by......I have only seen 1 or 2 in the last 5 years or so. Very unique

They are not that hard to find. You just have to look around alot. They can always be found online, but that is not for everybody.

reefprobe

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant in actual fish stores not these online stores out of peoples basements and whatnot....... you really don't see them that often pretty cool to see one in front of you

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: