Status
Not open for further replies.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I was just kurious. do vendors help run this site or what is the money used for? The reason im asking is because I know quite a few LFSs that are not vendors on here and my way of supporting the site would be to get them to join MR and become a vendor... I know a few LFS owners in brooklyn and flushing queens. and I think if I spoke to them they would gladly join and become a vendor...

so here are a few questions...

How do these LFSs become a vendor?
Also what is the Vendor fee?
and are there any limitations as to what they sell on the site? ex: dry goods or live stock only?

All comments are welcomed. Thanks

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
The vendor application is being reviewed once that is done new vendors may apply. The fee goes towards site and server expenses. There are no limitations so long as the vendor is selling aquarium related items.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I know a few LFS owners in brooklyn and flushing queens. and I think if I spoke to them they would gladly join and become a vendor...

Actually, quite a bit of them know about the site but after they find out there are so many stealth vendors, they go thru them to sell without paying the vendors' fee.

Also, many of the LFS cannot compete at the same level with the vendor and member sales here as the price here is very low while service required is very high. Most LFS cannot dedicate enough man power to take pics, answer emails and blah blah blah and such. For example, vendor here can deliver for an order over $50 free and another vendor can deliver at train station for small change for a can of fish food. LFS generally are not set up to run like that. Sending a boy/girl friday will cost $10/hour. Their strategic advantage is location where you go and browse there while vendors and member sales here are quality and time. For a LFS to devote same amount of of effort selling here, it's better off do a standard shopping cart website and buy a banner. But unfortunately, some statistic company run a web site evaluation check of MR and claims that the banner here does not seems to generate much clicks. (Oh, side step a bit for a humor. There is a local reef site for sale in terms of thousands but there are absolutely no one there everytime I check there. HAHAHHAHA) I feel the reason why most vendors continue to sell here is mostly passion than money. They want to be connected with the fellow members here and be able to buy their own collection at wholesale while splitting off extra to others to finance their addiction.

There are a few LFS already on board here but you can see that they do not spend much time here in the forum.

Last edited:

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
The vendor application is being reviewed once that is done new vendors may apply. The fee goes towards site and server expenses. There are no limitations so long as the vendor is selling aquarium related items.

How do I go about getting applications for theses local LFS's to become a vendor here on MR?

Trust me when I say these guys will give you some of the best prices you can find in the brooklyn / queens area.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0

wow thats crazy... most forums would love to have as many vendors as possible. helps bring more members as well as supports the site. it helps by bringing income to a site that would like to expand, or helps pay for server updates etc...

i guess MR is different in that way.

so should i even bother to tell these LFS's or just give up on the idea altogether?

i dont wanna waste there time nor mine.

thanks

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
so should i even bother to tell these LFS's or just give up on the idea altogether?

Give up?! No way! As soon as the new application is made available, feel free to provide them with the information. Thanks for your concern and desire to make MR a better environment :grouphug:

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Give up?! No way! As soon as the new application is made available, feel free to provide them with the information. Thanks for your concern and desire to make MR a better environment :grouphug:

thanks will do. think you can pm me when they become available? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: