Yen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I used 5200 Marine Fast Cure to I fixed a small very slow lead on the left upper inside corner in the back of my 55 tank. I used it because it was what I already have.
But it is white, now I have a strip of about 2" white in that corner. It's not very visible but you can still see it.

Is there any fish safe paint, so I can paint it to blue?

Thanks

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Not to be terribly negative, but repairing a leak on a full tank is extremely risky business.
The ONLY proper way to repair a leak is to take the tank apart and reseal the entire thing. You have a disaster waiting to happen on your hands :(

I know of no reef safe paint. In time coralline algae will overgrown the area you are currently concerned with.

Yen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks, Kathy. That tank is being set up, so there is no fish in it yet. I filled it and test run it, and saw a very small, slow leak from the very top corner of the tank, somewhere underneath the plastic frame, just one small drop per minute. By looking at the silicone inside, I guessed it was a bad seal at the very top. Had I had the water a little lower, it wouldn't have leaked:)

So I lower the water down half full and seal just that part. I won't have the water that high when I refill it anyway. I hope algea in time will cover it as you said:)

Yen

Not to be terribly negative, but repairing a leak on a full tank is extremely risky business.
The ONLY proper way to repair a leak is to take the tank apart and reseal the entire thing. You have a disaster waiting to happen on your hands :(

I know of no reef safe paint. In time coralline algae will overgrown the area you are currently concerned with.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: