fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
One thing that I realized about nets when I was fishing my sixline wrasse out of my overflow box is that most nets are made of flexable metal. So you can bend the net to fit inside of the filter and net him out.

hinancc

Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions. We have tried the net. However, there is a chamber that runs the length of the tank and it is under the other 2 chambers. I can't see him unless he comes into the third chamber. He's a great fish and I want to get him out and save him. :(

Klewis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I had the same problem with my 6 line wrasse, you'll have to block the openings in the bottom of the chamber he is in and have lots of patience with the net. The first time it happend to me it two 2 days of trying to get him. After the first time you become a pro. Good luck

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey,
This happened to me too! My clowns when they were small got into the right chamber, then mid and then left (don't ask how cuz I can't tell you how they passed by all the media and rock rubble...).
I just scooped them out by hand. One went right back into the tank. The other one jumped out of my hand and on the floor! After flopping a couple of times there I scooped him in the tank as well.

Now both are doing fine and never got sucked into that grid again!

Last edited:

hinancc

Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
***This is a stock photo of the Aquapod setup***
moz-screenshot.jpg
My fish is stuck UNDER all 3 chambers.

Attachments

• Aquapod.pdf
    68.7 KB · Views: 64

hinancc

Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well today is the first day -since he jumped- that he is swimming to the top of the chamber. We took out the equipment from that chamber.....now it's just going to take patience and perseverance to get him out. Glad he's still alive!!!

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Could you pump water from the tank into that compartment?
Im thinking that eventually the fish would get tired of swimming and look for more sheltered areas.

If you took all the bioballs out (If you left them in) and temporarily removed the ceramic then the fish would chose that area to hang out.

Do this in the late evening after the lights go out.

Then you could close off access to the bottom compartment and relocate him easier.

When you do get him out, I would close that area off somehow.
Maybe with prefilter foam.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: