trinifish

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
hey guys,
i have a 40 gallon long with a aqua c remora skimmer and outside filter.i lost 3/4 of my fish last summer when my ridiculously hot apt caused my tank temps to soar to 90 degrees.i have a few fish(small maroon clown,spotted hawkfish,bi color blenny and a pseudo). i have some mushrooms and a few other lps(acans and frog spawn). i am in the process of getting a 1/10 hp chiller(aqua usa euro chiller). i was told i need a pump for this chiller(mag 5 or 7?) the flow rate for this chiller is recommended betw. 120 to 720 gph. does the pump have to be submerged(as in a sump?)i been hearing a lot of things and getting more unsure as the more i hear. i guess what i want to know is a configuration for running this directly to my tank as i have no sump. thanks guys!!!-------------->ronnie

TOTAL AQUARIUMS

Chief of the Tang Police
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
are you planning on installing the chiller in the same room as the tank? I would seriously consider other options before going with a chiller. Like any A.C. unit they have to vent the heat somewhere and if it's in the same room as the tank it's just going to make the room even hotter and work against itself.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: