Avi

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've been disatisfied with the Aqua-C skimmer I have on my 110-FOWLR. It's weird since I have the exact same skimmer on my 120-gallon reef and I'm satisfied with that one. Can anyone recommend a good skimmer that I can locate on the side of my tankstand, which is where the current skimmer is? I'm beginning to think that a change is gonna happen. Thanks.

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
I use the Octopus 150 DNW Recirculating Skimmer on my 75gal reef and it has worked really well with no problems. The same one should work well for your size tank.

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up a 75g sumpless reef. I was initially looking at the octopus 800 or SWC bh-500, but now you've got me curious. Is the DNW 150 noisy? What kind of prime/feed pump are you using?

fishfreak1242

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
18   2   0
I'm in the process of setting up a 75g sumpless reef. I was initially looking at the octopus 800 or SWC bh-500, but now you've got me curious. Is the DNW 150 noisy? What kind of prime/feed pump are you using?
The feed pump I use (One of the Aquaclear powerheads) is a little noisy but the recirculating pump on it isn't noisy at all.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
VS3-60 Protein Skimmer For Sale
1 Lifereef 5ft VS3-60 Protein skimmer, conventional setup w/ mazzei venturi w/model 70 blueline pump $425. Pristine Condition
Here is the link.

http://www.lifereef.com/venturi.html

and a pic

lgVS3-60.JPG

This will work.....:splitspin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: