I

imported_June

would anybody like to build me a sump? and install it for me :D ....I would pay person, and for items/ingredients...lol

I

imported_June

ok anybody know where i can buy 1 with everything i need?....my tank is not RR by the way.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
June

Look on Ebay, do a search for wet/dry or sumps and you find that there are a # of people that make them and sell them for pretty cheap. Some have website where you can go and order one or you an email them and ask them to build you one. Be very careful about the ones that you have to put together by yourself.

Michael

I

imported_June

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
i dont think i have patience to build things..i get frustrated easily..lol
banghead.gif
<---literally

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Heeheheheh - well, I would do it for you if I had the time right now - but I don't - literally - also, you need a little room behind your tank to hang the overflow box on - it reallys isn't that hard once you make the sump with the acrylic baffles - you need it right away? I'll keep my eyes out for deals too - If i see anything I'll let you know

House

I

imported_June

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
ok sounds good.......just let me know what im going to need, and where to get it ;0)

I

imported_June

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
that would be great, and i would appreciate to take a look at it....when ever is good for you :D

noble

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
June, what size tank is the sump for? I have 2nd sump for sale which might work for you. but you'll still need to buy a return pump and an overflow kit.

I too agree that building one is the best way to go b/c you can customize it to what you want. I built a 30gal this weekend for $55 and it took me an hour to put together once I had the supplies. (hence the reason I have an extra sump).

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Jim, when you got to pick a fish, let him get you a nice new crosshatch - he he.
June, like you i am not (was not) much of a DIYer. but i did add my own baffles to my sump and it was A LOT easier than i had expected (and i felt so cool knowing that i did it all by myself). All you need to do is by the acrylic from Home Depot (or the like) and by an acrylic cutter with it (basically a sharp knife like blade that scratches into the acrylic). You do that till its cut about half way through the acrylic, then you just put it on the edge of a table and snap it off. then just apply some silicone to the edges and place it in the summp where you want it and let it dry. Thats all there is too it. (this may sound confusing, but you can ask us questions of course for the parts you dont understand). Then just place the overflow box on your tank with the drain tube going into the sump on one side. and place a return pump with a return tube going back into the tank on the other side.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: