mckostya

Lovin', is what I got.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
hahaha i thought same thing when i saw ebay link lol

QUOTE=albano;631778]400w...thats alot of light, what tank will you put it on? I love EBay...did I ever tell you about the time my friend got a frogspawn that morphs into a hammer!:splitspin[/QUOTE]

Well Alfie...soon I'll be stepping it up a bit, I just bought a 210 today, picked it up and everything. It was a real steal, custom made stand, canopy with built in thermostat and fans, AGA 210 tank with dual overflows, 55G sump with 2 filter socks and 1 baffle, 20G fuge, Reeflo Hammerhead Pump for almost everything (has a manifold), a Quiet One 14000HH, temperature controller, float valve for ATO, titanium heater and a fuge light. All for $500 only thing was I drove down to the Poconos to get it but it was well worth it. So now when I set it up I'll be using my 48" fixture with the 2-250s from my 75 for 2/3s of the tank and the 400w on the other 1/3. I'll use the 400w side for corals that need more light. Only thing is I won't be setting up soon because I have to wait for my parents to buy a house which should be soon but all I can say is I can't wait to set it up and I couldn't have let this deal slide by

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Congratulations, what a great deal! Mom and Dad better start looking FULL TIME for the new house. I have a feeling the tank will be on the stand before your bed is set up! Well, you know who to call if you need any help...mckostya...JK...you know my number. BTW, since you picked up the new tank has the GF been 'eyeing' the old tank?

Thank you, thank you lol and hahah yeah, I actually told her I'd give it to her but we'll see how she does with the 29 first....so far it's ok but I'm not 100% happy on how it's going although people always say that it's easier to keep a larger tank stable than a large. And yeah if I need any help I'll definitely give you a call, you can come down to look at it either way and I might need some large pieces of rock from you if you have any to sell once I set it up. And it's going to be a pain to move it again, the guy I bought it from and my gf's dad helped me move it into my gfs dad's van but then me and my gf's dad were the only ones to move it into his shop, it killed me. The tank itself is 300 and change, the stand was around 300, the only easy part was the hood at around 150 I'm guessing but I'll be ok setting it up, have my ASM-G4+ that handles 400 so won't need to upgrade that all I need is some LR and LS and maybe a CA reactor later on

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: