seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
you can also buy live copepods from livecopepods.com to seed your sand.

PDNY,

Thank you for the link on buying copods. I am investigating them.

For myself, I would like to buy some of their products for 2 purposes. One would be to reseed my sandbed, but not have to feed the copepods, so that they can reproduce in my live sand bed without me feeding them. Any suggestions. The goal would be to help feed my mandarin and gobies.

Suggestions?

dickenscd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
once you have cyano visually present, it takes months to get rid of it without chemicals/antibiotics.
QUOTE]
kathy has a nice thread off how to get rid of cyano in 3 days. And others seem to have tried it as well. Worth a try.

I tried Kathy's method, turned off the light for 3 days, all cyano disappeared, but they came back within 10 days after I turned on the light.

I found carbon is the most effective way to get rid of cynao so far.

James

W

weegieb

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There was a long chain about sugar addition in the Aqua Forum on Compuserve some years ago if any one remembers who they were. I used about a tablespoon of sugar in a 90 gal marine tank with nitrates at 10 ppm. The resulting bacterial bloom caused a tank crash due to oxygen depleation. My Nitrates dropped to zero and stayed there for a long time after that. I tried again on another tank, this time monitoring it more closely and using foam skimming and ozone and it worked out great. I have a lot of red slime in my tanks now that has been very difficult to eliminate. I think I will try sugar this weekend and see how I make out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: