Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey has anyone bought the new 6 gal Nano tank from Fluval yet? I believe its called the "Edge". I was checking out one of the LFS in the area and I saw it...and thought this looks a little different. It was setup as a freshwater setup, but then I noticed the lighting was MH...10 watts I believe... I think it has potential to be a great looking Nano with some softies...and maybe a gobie and a clown. Any thoughts?

Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ah it is halogen bulbs i have no idea why the guy at Aquarium adventure told me it was MH, but anyways it looked cool at AA so i didnt even think twice when i saw them at Petsmart for 100$....now that its all setup i can express how horrible this lighting is. I def need a light upgrade and a powerhead in there

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
i also have an issue with the small opening. it looks like it will be hard to position the corals and perform routine maintenance without a lot of frustration. you're basically paying $100+ for the glass assembly because you're just going to toss the lights and filtration.

Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmm LED DIY sounds like a good idea. There is a guy that replaced his lighting with HID lighting...yes as in 12v HID lighting used in cars. The only other issue is...HEAT i wont be suprised if the water gets up to 85 during the summer if the AC is not running.

WHat do you guys think would be a good setup? I was thinking pistol with goby and a clown. I am not sure what coral would survive in that lighting, but I was thinking some shrooms, kenya and a feather or 2...and maybe xenia

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
For some reason I have a feeling if one were you run the Current PowerBrite LED's on this it would be okay. The tank is so small and probably shallow the PAR's should be okay. I just LOVE the clean look of the tank. You think that Petsmart price applies to all Petsmarts?

Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, the prices are the same for all petsmart, but i was talking to the manager and she said most petsmart were only sent one unit to see how they sell and they are ONLY available in black at petsmart

For some reason I have a feeling if one were you run the Current PowerBrite LED's on this it would be okay. The tank is so small and probably shallow the PAR's should be okay. I just LOVE the clean look of the tank. You think that Petsmart price applies to all Petsmarts?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: