jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I am planning to put a 6 bulb ATI powermodule over my nano and I am not sure what bulb combo to use. I am looking for an overall 14k-20k look with some color pop to the corals :)

I would love to hear from the T5 users on here. Feel free to post pics of your T5's:bablefish

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
UVL - Super Actinic
ATI - Aquablue Special
ATI- Pro Color
UVL- Super Actinic
ATI- Aquablue Special
UVL- Super Actinic

I used that combo over my grow out systems and was always happy with the color and growth. Here is an example of the color I got

austank2.jpg

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Rich try this for 14K:
2 ATI Aquablue special
1 Fiji Purple
3 ATI BluePlus

20K:
2 ATI Aquablue special
4 ATI BluePlus( or Aquascience 22k)

I've tryed every possible combo to replace my Phoenix 14K and this is what worked for me.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Leo, that combo rally makes your blues and green pop!

Kris I was actually considering your 14k option. Do you have a pic of it running?

Thanks

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sorry Rich. I have the lights out for 2 more days trying to kill some cyano. Mine are 80 watters that are not overdriven. What ballast and fixture are you going to use?

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Check with Greg @ Reefgeek. He was the first to sell the powermodule. He sells every bulb made including one's that are not on the site. Just stay away from the 6500 and pro color(Pepto pink) bulbs and you'll get the look you want.

kris

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The 6500 has essentially the same PAR as the 12k bulbs, so I doubt growth's a factor. Way too yellow for my taste. The Pro Color(3K) was too pink for me.
To each his own. Taste in color is subjective.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: