morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
Really gut wrenching to see whales being chased down, harpooned and shot. The whale suffocate to death on its own blood, dragged up a ship and cut up to pieces, and all the guts are thrown back into the sea like garbage.

Really pisses me off that this is happening. The japanese people are really barbaric to be doing this, especially when the whales are already endangered.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
if its not Seals in Canada then its Wales in Japan. Its very disturbing to watch i get really stomach sick watching anything where humans either kill for fun, sport, pleasure, or money. I try to stay away from Animal Planet channel as most of the stuff they show makes me hate humans. I dont think there is much I could do. But I did join the human society and what everyone could do is be an active member as well. www.hsus.org

morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
Turning a blind eye is not going to stop it. I just wish there is something I can do to stop all these incessant killings.

The same things with sharks, they catch the sharks and cut off all its' fins while alive and dumped back into the ocean to suffocate and die.

Watch the documentary Sharkwater. It will make your blood boil. The poor fishermen are paid $1 per pound of shark fin, that are sold in upwards of $200 a serving in a restaurant in Hong Kong.

It makes me sick that some people are willing to drive a species to extinction just to satisfy their greed for money.

morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
I'm confused by the legality of the guys trying to foil the whalers...I'm all about it, but the "rules" of war are a little confusing in that sense. That being said, I wouldn't want to be near one of those LRADs lol

In international water, there really aren't any enforcing bodies. That's why the Japanese can do what they are doing, the same reason the sea shepherd can do that they are doing.

I wish the Sea Shepherd can get a harpoon on their ship and harpoon one of those japanese whalers, the way they harpoon the whales.

darkdrako

Looks mean doesn't she!?
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don't condone the killing of whales but there has to be a better way to go about stopping them. One of the first episodes shows the people from the sea shepard tries their best to get a rope around the prop to stop the boat and when that doesn't work they have two people jump onto the whaling ship to "deliver a message", get caught and then the sea shepard calls some governing agency that the ship kidnapped the two people who trespassed on the boat. I mean come on! If I was on the whaling ship and someone was throwing anything on my boat and then come on board without consent, I would want to ram them.

Fudge

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just talking about this a few weeks ago, I think whaling is very barbaric but some people just dont see it that way and dont respect animals. : (

morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
I don't condone the killing of whales but there has to be a better way to go about stopping them. One of the first episodes shows the people from the sea shepard tries their best to get a rope around the prop to stop the boat and when that doesn't work they have two people jump onto the whaling ship to "deliver a message", get caught and then the sea shepard calls some governing agency that the ship kidnapped the two people who trespassed on the boat. I mean come on! If I was on the whaling ship and someone was throwing anything on my boat and then come on board without consent, I would want to ram them.

Well they are not supposed to be there whaling, it is a whale sanctuary. And the whole point is to get media attention to the cause, the more people know about these killings, the better.

http://tinyurl.com/lrlqqh

Last edited:

darkdrako

Looks mean doesn't she!?
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
And a Dutch ship should not be trying to police an Australian sanctuary. If it is so bad, why wouldn't Australia do something about it. Yes it sucks that Japan does not recognize the sanctuary set up by the Australian government. But neither Australia nor New Zealand wants to address the issue in international court. Both sides are wrong and will battle it out until the other gives up. The Japonese should not be killing the whales and the sea shephard should not be throwing bombs of any type, using fouling lines or ramming boats.

Captain Watson "Because international law is not being enforced, we have no choice but to do what we can with the resources available to us to defend these endangered whales in this established international whale sanctuary."

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/feb2009/2009-02-06-01.asp

morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
And a Dutch ship should not be trying to police an Australian sanctuary. If it is so bad, why wouldn't Australia do something about it. Yes it sucks that Japan does not recognize the sanctuary set up by the Australian government. But neither Australia nor New Zealand wants to address the issue in international court. Both sides are wrong and will battle it out until the other gives up. The Japonese should not be killing the whales and the sea shephard should not be throwing bombs of any type, using fouling lines or ramming boats.

Captain Watson "Because international law is not being enforced, we have no choice but to do what we can with the resources available to us to defend these endangered whales in this established international whale sanctuary."

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/feb2009/2009-02-06-01.asp

Until they are able to battle this out in court, the whales keep dying. I believe the sea shepherd should do what it can to stop these guys.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: