Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Hello to all of MR question. Is it a must to have a filter sock in your sump are you dont have to use one. My problem is that when I use them they get to a point where they change the flow in the sump it happens in just days they get full. any help are any special type that will help still testing new to this but true to it thanks for all the help in advance.:shhh:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
No, definitely not a must have item. Much easier if you have a bunch of them so you can change them out every day or 2 and have time to wash them in between.
They do tend to catch a lot of crud, so they are good to use..but becomne a detriment if you leave them till they are too full of garbage :(

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
No, definitely not a must have item. Much easier if you have a bunch of them so you can change them out every day or 2 and have time to wash them in between.
They do tend to catch a lot of crud, so they are good to use..but becomne a detriment if you leave them till they are too full of garbage :(

Agree with Kathy ;)

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
when you first start with a sock it will fill fast as you get most of the stuff out of the water you could get more time, I get about a week, but I have more that one and I just swap them out and wash the used one....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: