Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The water is proly at its all time warmest for the year (77 degrees). I am sure there are some tropical fish out there waiting to be seen. Anyone ever snorkeled in NY? Any good spots? I know last year I seen a group at Jones beach go out way passed the second sand bar.

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
The water clarity around here is only muddled because Atlantic algae is a different color than tropical water algae. Otherwise, the water clarity should be fine if you go out far enough.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This was from a cove off the Atlantic today

Here is some stuff I collected today along with a million pipefish which I returned to the sea, another million blowfish, which I also returned and a load of trumpet fish, needle fish, and wrasses.
We also collected five gallons of spearing, to eat. Me not the fish.
This picture was taken in my local tank where there is a regular light bulb so everything is yellow. The water also was just poured in right from the sea so it is turbid. The fish really have yellow and black stripes.
boxfish013.jpg

boxfish013.jpg

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You went collecting without me?

Dom we actually went crabbing, when I went with you we saw loads of crabs so we figured we would go for crabs and whatever tropicals we got would be great. No crabs, not one. But my very Italian friend wanted all of the spearing so we collected about five gallons of them but the best part of collecting today was that there were two beautiful babes in tiny bikini's swimming right where we were collecting.
They came over and were interested in our catch.
I am sure they just wanted to talk to me though :flirt:

Yeah right. :tongue1:

I bought a 25' net. when do you want to go?

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I am going tomorrow during the day but near the shinnecock inlet. I don't think Fridays work for you anyway. Let's try and go next week. I am going to take some days off to get as much collecting in this month as possible.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: