tonep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I saw a tank for sale that had a unusual filter system and I was wondering if anyone knows anythng about it.

Basically the cabinet is a sump with three chambers.
The overflow is piped into two sprayers, one in each chamber, that sprays over cloth/cotton? The center section is for media?

Anyone have something like this?
Sorry for the poor discription.

tonep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I would love to but I can't find anything about it on the internet.
I saw the tank in person that's how I found out about the filter system.
He doesn't really know that much about it.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
It almost sounds like a sump that was originally designed for use with bio-balls. They often employ the use of a spray bar to deliver the water over the top of the bio-balls. Perhaps the person who owns this took out the bio-balls and put the 'cloth' there to us like you would a filter sock?

I do have one of these its currently in a tank stand (not being used, just stored there)...will see if I can possibly get a picture of it in the next few days to see if it is what you are talking about.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I was just getting ready to say that Kathy the old spray bar method used with bioballs.. Also adds more oxygen to the water but micro bubbles also without correct # of chambers..

Geeze Tobin, you're losing your touch! lolThe thread has been us since last night - you slacking or something? ;)

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Yeah, I'm stuck on my own build and really stuck, lol. I just decided to use GFO to lower the nasty rock I'm using the size of this rock is beautiful though.. water changes got it down to .80 now I finish it off this last wek with the GFO.. Then it's ready for some SPS..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: