pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hi All,

About 2 weeks ago I successfully transferred the survivors of an overheated 30 gal hex (retired) to a 55 gallon long. I have quite a batch of cyno developing and want to attack quickly.

Keeping up with my WC's.
Going to reattach my BRS Phosphate reactor.
Reduce light cycle? Just got a new Nova Extreme 48 inch T5 4x54w. What's a good light period for atinics & the stock 10k's? Just ordered new ATI 12k's

I'm thinking I need to master flow in this new tank. I've attached a video. Please offer advice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHX_2Y6fLfA

Thanks!

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Haven't hooked up the BRS Phos Reactor yet..I don't have a sump and the tank isn't drilled so I need to figure out how to make it look the best I can.

Always use RO/DI though I need to test it and used distilled when I transferred to the 55 because I couldn't make RO/DI fast enough.

Running a Phosban reactor?RO/DI water?Phosphates is a underlying problem here IMO.

dodogoby

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is this also a new setup? Most tanks will go thru a cyano stage for a bit just keep up with water changes and suck out any cyano as you can.

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hi All,

About 2 weeks ago I successfully transferred the survivors of an overheated 30 gal hex (retired) to a 55 gallon long. I have quite a batch of cyno developing and want to attack quickly.

Keeping up with my WC's.
Going to reattach my BRS Phosphate reactor.
Reduce light cycle? Just got a new Nova Extreme 48 inch T5 4x54w. What's a good light period for atinics & the stock 10k's? Just ordered new ATI 12k's

I'm thinking I need to master flow in this new tank. I've attached a video. Please offer advice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHX_2Y6fLfA

Thanks!

Not sure if flow's really a problem, but I'd suggest doing a water change, attaching that Phos reactor, clean the walls and suck up as much of the cyano as you can, and then giving the tank 48 hours of darkness. Oh, and throw a bag of carbon in your sump if you don't have one already. ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: