swervo513

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey guys. I Just reset my tank 2 months ago after the great crash of summer 2009. Ive been slowly adding corals and items to my tank to make it better. I recently added a skimmer, and RO unit for higher quality water and a primitive kalk dosing system. So.... basically my tank is a 12 gal cadlights custom setup with a built in refugium. I haven't set up a proper top off system so I figured out that my tank needs a quart of fresh RO water daily. My question is whether or not I can mix up a batch of kalk water and use that to top off every day. Will it be to much kalk? I usually drip it with a small hose tied into a knot. The brand is Brightwell Aquatics Kalk+2. I usually add about half a teaspoon or less to a quart of water.
In addition I would like to ask how your top off systems work for you Nano keepers out there. Is there anyone still out there who manually tops off?

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I would never use an ato to dispense kalk. Reason being you do not know the demand for your corals just evaporation demand which will most likely be very different from actual needs. I would dose it seperately and figure out your needs. If they happen to be the same as your evaporation then by all means make your life easier. At least this way you take the guess work out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: