juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
D&D H20, i been using for over a year and it has been consitent from each batch and best of all no need to adjust Alk, Cal or Mag

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i use oceanic, ive tried and used most, my fav has been the d&d a little more expensive, but was on the numbers, loved red sea coral pro also but ak was low, 6.5 mag and cal was on par though, io if you dont mind dosing more or run a cal reactor

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
166   0   0
If all salts were the same prices, I would go for the one that had the best levels like everyone else. I would want to just do water changes and not worry about calc/alk. I've never really looked into mag but may in the future.
The answer I was given for no dosing was oceanic. So I tried it and it worked for me. But then again I never really had a tank long enough to have rock solid proof.

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oceanic will leave you with a low alk.
it is a larger can than the rest, and the alk issue can be corrected with a little baking soda.
reef crystals is a decent salt mix. it doesn't mix as clean as oceanic, but the alk is better.
seachem reef salt wasn't bad. comparable to reef crystals.
tropic marin pro reef is super expensive and IMO/IME not much different than the rest.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I don't by into all that salt hype.. I've been using Instant Ocean for years.. If you have a calcium reactor all that levels of Cal. Alk. and Mag. don't mean much.. I use a serious denitrifier so I don't do that many water changes a year anyway..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: