Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
The 2 pics are of the same acan. The first pic is of when I got it, the second is a recent one. I had moved it to a different spot, which is what I thought was what caused it to bleach. Since I have placed it back in the original spot. It has been back in the original spot at least a week now, if not 2. It is still bleached.
What else should I do, if anything?
Lighting is 3 X 250 watt Helios/ 4 X 24 watt PC Odessy fixture approximately 8" above the water surface. Tank is 25" deep with a 2" sand bed.

All parameters are within range except that the temp was high over the summer, but is now back to norm.
Didn't check phos since I don't own a meter for that, but I know they are there (I have to clean the glass almost daily, but no algea growing in tank.).

BTW, the other 3 acans are doing just fine. They were all together for a while. Now the pink one has been placed in it's original spot.

Attachments

• Pink Acan 1.jpg
    Pink Acan 1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 87
  • Pink Acan.jpg
    Pink Acan.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Cibo, they do get fed!;)

I believe what got them bleached was to little light. Since I moved them back to their original spot they seem to be doing better.;):flower:

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too much light imo. some of mine are almost completely shaded from direct light and they are very colorful and fat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: