Meaty24

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to buy sediment replacement cartridges for my R.O. unit. I live in Manhattan and have a lot of rust in the water. How many microns do I buy? 1 mic. or 5 mic.?

Also, because the cartridges get clogged pretty quickly, it reduces my pressure in the unit. Does that fact effect my decision what cartridge to buy?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
If you only have one sediment cartridge, I would get a 1 micron cartridge. If you have two, I'd get one 5 micron and one 1 micron. The sediment cartridges are cheap enough to replace as often as needed. It's not like the expense of an RO membrane or even DI resin.

Russ

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
What are you using the water for?If my water was that dirty i would add a carbon filter as well .Home depot have them.+1 masterswimmer.

Meaty24

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the water for everything. Just old pipes. My R.O. has 4 chambers. I use two sediment cartridges, one carbon and one resin cartridge. Also it has a membrane

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Having two sidiment filters in your case is a good idea - 5 mic followed by 1 micron. If any of the prefilters clogs, as you mentioned you'll see the pressure reaching the membrane drop, and the performance of the membrane will decrease as well.

Russ @
Buckeye Field Supply

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: