BIG L A

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
MY Rose split and Im wondering do I take it out now or do I let the clown fish take care of it for a while... And how do I get it off the rock... Im just a lil nervous because I cant let this thing move all over the tank... Only 8 months in the hobby so all your advice is appreciated...

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
If you don't want to keep it in your tank, now is the best time to get it out if you can, before it becomes a fixture.. ;) If its not yet attached too strongly to a rock, try directing a powerhead on it to make it move.. Once it begins to move try to get it to move on a small rock to get it out, or try pushing slowly on its foot to detach it from the rock... [Oh and if you don't want the little guy I can pick it up from you.. ;) ]

Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have..

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
Its my understanding that they heal relatively quickly. The longer it is in your tank the harder it will be to get it out because it will cling on to a rock.. I have seen some members put it in their sump or in a small plastic container with holes (kept within their tank) in order to keep it from clinging to a rock.. Hope that helps..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: