Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Set up a 30 gal.for pair of Clowns. Only running a Remora and two power heads, no sump
Seems I am going to need some type of filtration. What is out there that I can use?
Any type of hang on unit ?

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

your filtration is your remora and some water chages of course!!!! Just make sure tha in a small system like that one your water changes are more often.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Remora is a protein skimmer, I do not use sand, No place for a filter sock. Must be some mechanical way to polish the water. Isnt an HOB aquaclear for fresh water ?

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If you're looking to add a chemical/ mechanical filter an aqua clear will work fine only use the aqua clear mechanical foam pad and whatever reef grade carbon you want. You can also use a canister style filter like ehiem.

but your current filtration should be fine. You could do large weekly or bi-weekly water changes using water from one of your larger tanks. This way everyone gets a little water change.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Congratulations Sean, Best of luck. Always nice to hear good news.
Keep in touch, may need a new tank one of these days. You learn to drive yet ?
Just kidding

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Remora is a protein skimmer, I do not use sand, No place for a filter sock. Must be some mechanical way to polish the water. Isnt an HOB aquaclear for fresh water ?

They're great filters for freshwater (the only ones I use actually) but they're also a good place to add some carbon or granular ferric oxide (GFO).

I like to add some polyfilter on the bottom as well.

If you're interested, there's a link on the nano diy section of reefcentral that shows you how to make an aquaclear into a fuge. It's pretty neat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: