Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Hi guys I have a urchin skimmer with a mag3 it's driving me nuts back then when I had alot of fish it would skim dry now it skimms very wet and I have to dump out the cup about 4 times . The water is not even close to green. I'm dealing with phosphates that's the reason I have it connected but I'm doing 13g water change every week for my 55g reef. Do u guys think I should just shut the skimmer off since I'm doing enough water change every week and I'm also running carbon and phoban reactor with media.Ohh I forgot to say ever since I started running the skimmer again io started to get crazy bubbles bit I put some type of pad and bubbles slow down but my skimmmer goes crazy!! Throwing crazy foam inside my tank . I have theskimmer off right now what u guys think?

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
If you're doing all those water changes,your skimmer has less to skim but your PO4 problem is either in your water you're making or overfeeding.What media are you using for the Reactor?I only use Rowaphos

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I'm using phosban media I got a brand new one so I'm going to use it for 2 weeks and switch to rowaphos. I hear great things about that media. I'm feeding algea strips 4 times out the week I have only a. Tang and awrasse inside my 55g reef Im also doing like I said 13g water change with reef crystals change poly filter pad every 2 weeks just installed a mp20 vortech got it on lagoon mode and also have chemipure I'm goin to put chemipure elite today after work going to change the elite every month. Ohh also I'm using rodi . My meter Tds shows 0 waste water is 45 I collect a cup worth and test both. Am I doing he right thing. I also have some cyno on the sand goin to siphon for the next change. Bur u think I should keep the skimmer off?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: