dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can't decide on new 14 or 20 K bulbs for my 40 gallon breeder. I currently have 2 x 65 watt PC actinics and 2 x 150 watt MH bulbs (I think they're 14K).

I'd like my corals to show a bit more color. Does anyone have pics of tanks under different K ratings for MH bulbs? I'm having trouble finding comparisons of different K ratings to make a visual decision.

dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
do your bulbs add any blue or are they fairly white? I think I want to go very blue so I'm leaning toward 2 x 150 watt 20k MHs. I just don't know if that will be too blue b/c I've never seen it in person. Maybe I should stick with the next Kelvin down. I just won't know till I can find pics to compare.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I'm not sure that pics will help you much! I think the best thing to do is go, and view a couple of tanks running different kelvin.
I am now running 20k Helios DE, and I love the look!!! I use to run 10k XM SE. I did like those as well until I got the Helios.;)
You are welcome to come over, and see the Helios for yourself.:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: