Linda C.

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Manhattan Reefers!

I wanted to share a FREE opportunity to hear some wonderful speakers that will be coming nearby you this coming weekend.

HOUSE OF FINS 52nd Anniversary Splash Event
99 Bruce Park Ave
Greenwich, CT 06830-6304
(203) 661-8131
http://www.houseoffins.com/
Saturday, October 10th 10am – 7pm
Sunday, October 11th 12pm – 5pm

Saturday, October 10th
11:00 am Bob Fenner “Livestock Selection”
1:00 pm Scott Michael “My Favorite Fish”
3:00 pm Karen Randall “The Planted Aquarium”

(I put Scott Michael's name big letters because it is a RARE treat to be able to hear him!!...(no offense to Scott F., Bob and Karen :) )

Sunday, October 11th
1:00 pm Bob Fenner “Ozone in the Aquarium”
2:30 pm Karen Randall “Aquascaping Workshop”
4:00 pm Scott Fellman “Aquascaping for the Aesthetically Challenged”

I've gone the past few years and Rob does a wonderful job in giving back to this hobby. He brings in the speakers and has provided hotdogs, sodas and even live music in the past for a really enjoyable day.

I hope you can make it this coming weekend!!

Happy Reefing!
Linda Close
Marine Aquarium Society of North America - BOD Member
Hudson Valley Reef Keepers - President

Last edited:

Linda C.

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool David. Make sure you come find me and let me know your there. I have long red hair.

Hey Bob should get the big font, as should Scott and Karen :P All are a draw on their own Linda...

This is very true, Gresham. They all deserve big fonts!!

sorry about that BOB, SCOTT and KAREN

and Gresham, was Randy kidding me when he told me tonight he was in a snowstorm out in Colorado? I mean I believed him but wow! it's too early to be thinking about snow.

I also talked to Rob tonight from House of Fins and they would like to have a good turn out for the speakers. We chatted and he has graciously offered
$10 off any purchase to offset your travel expense.
To get your $10 credit you can present a printed page from this forum's website or a membership card and present it at the register. (just something to show you are from Manhattan Reefs)

I then talked with Michelle..This is something she posted on her facebook page. I thought you might like to take a look at one of her photos.
hof.jpg

The amazing Cycloseris I promised. It will be at the House of Fins, in Greenwich, CT this weekend for their 52nd anniversary event. The event is FREE! Great speakers including the elusive SCOTT MICHAEL! If you missed him at MACNA now's your chance. Also speaking are Bob Fenner, Karen Randall and my favorite Scott, Scott Fellman! Hope to see you there! - Michelle

I wanted to mention that they have some deals going

This is a list of some of the discounts for the weekend.
All Aquariums and Cabinetry 30% off
All Freshwater Livestock including Plants 30% off
All Saltwater Livestock including live rock and corals 30% off
All Deltec Products 15% off
All Chillers 25% off
Reed Mariculture Specialty Foods 30% off
All SERA foods, supplements and equipment 30% off
Seachem Products 30% off plus $52 salt buckets for 52 years!
All Frozen Fish Food 25% off
HAGEN filters, plants and media 30% off
EHEIM Canister filters and Accessories 30% off
All Freshwater and Saltwater Books 25% off

If you have been there in the past there aren't going to be any hot dogs this year..instead 6' subs!!!. Also, "Nemo" will be outside for the kids.

Rob didn't have a list for me but he said there were some custom built tanks, some up to 250gallons, that I think he said customers ordered and then changed their minds..so he is doing something he referred to as a "blow out" sale. I remember last year..there were some really nice tanks at amazing prices.

Tom and I will be there both day. I hope to see you there!

Happy Reefing!
Linda

hans1976

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you may be aware, Metal Halide bulbs are loaded with Mercury and should not be thrown away. So for those going to the House of Fins Splash, bring along any old used Metal Halide bulbs and drop them off at the CTARS table. CTARS will collect them to ICE Cap and recycle them into brand new bulbs.

GreshamH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Linda Randy was not joking. Colorado Springs had a 50+ car pile up due to ice so I could see Denver having a storm :)

You just violated our MAP policy by posting the discount for RMI products... tsk tsk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: