JonG101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was reading up, and thorite, which is no longer being manufactured can still be purchased under the name Emaco gp. I just wasn't sure if there was anywhere locally to buy it. Found it online but it comes in 50lb buckets and it would be 50 bucks just to ship it. If anyone know LMK

JonG101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
alright, well i am looking for aquascaping cement, thorite used to be the norm, but it is no longer manufactured so i am looking for something to cement lr together to make structures. If anyone is aware of something please post

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I actually been looking for Emaco GP myself still haven't came up with much. But I am still looking.
Marco from Marcos rock suggest Emaco R400 and Acryl 60
http://www.marcorocks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=49

Torbin,
Doesn't Portland Cement must be cured or has some other type of problem?

You spelled my name wrong man... Yes it does need to be cured if you want to add a whole lot at once.. I just started up the new system with about 100lbs of it and my ph is only at 8.45.. I still have room for another 50lbs or so before I'm at 9.0.. Which has never done any harm in my systems.. Portland ha sbeen used for years.. That other stuff:scratchch:scratchch... Yes it's lighter and yes people though it right in also, but anyone running it for years now.. I'm not one to knock new things youguy's know me by now but I'll let someone else test it out.. Does look nice when put together right, as any man made rock does though..

JonG101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
well, i am looking to build relatively tall, structures with minimal amounts of contact with the sand. i just finished reading sanjay's build thread on rc and he didn't seem to have any problems with it. But i am open to portland i know allot of people use if for diy rocks, but i am not looking to make my own rocks, i am looking to possibly drill and stack rocks, and use this to fill in the gaps. Its all lr, so i don't want it out of water too long. Any input? I am open to ideas

JonG101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i just read a post on rc that called it that, there are actually a few different companies that make it, is there definitely no negative impact from using it?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: