jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
By dripping your CA reactor effluent to the skimmer you will "blow off" excess Co2, raising the PH of your effluent and the PH of your tank.

Neo_TA

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not a bad thing uneless your pH is high for some reason. The off gassing of the CO2 is a good thing as it would normally lower yoyrs tanks pH possibly to much.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Justin -

Co2 and PH are directly related to each other - the way to release co2 is through gas exchange with the air in cntact with your tank - if you drip your reactor (Co2) into your skimmer (o2 injection) that gas exchange should buffer the effects of the Co2 in raising your PH - the less gas exchange you have the more likely your PH will fluctuate (not good)

The only bad thing I can see is that you'll get coraliane in your skimmer (which we all get).

Hope that outlines it for ya -

House

Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
hm...ok
now, i also have kalk reactor running with tap off for my tank. I know that co2 will usually reduce your ph and kalk usually raise the ph. if i put the calcium drip straight to the skimmer, dont u think my ph will go high?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: