tonep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I don't have any anemones or hermits
my water paremeters are ok except for high phosphates
the other fish look fine
the fish didn't jump I checked around the tank
both fish disapearing one day after another?

chanman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
firefish WILL hide, its usually in the same spot where they sleep. If something is harassing him, he'll go hide until he feels safe. Clown fish could've died and got eaten up!
bristle worms are scavengers, not fast enough to catch a firefish or even a clownfish.

tonep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The clown was small but looked very healthy.
I am at a loss to figure why they would die and how they could get eaten that fast.
The clown was there in the morning when I went to work.
It was gone buy the evening.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
they can hide case in point my wrass i know different fish loves to hide in the rocks when I woke up he was missing tore the tnak apart and then i found him hidding in a hole in the rock. check all the rocks move stuff around and for your phosphates use rodi water and keep teh light on and feed less depending on teh algie you have.

tonep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I'm using rodi water.
It might be time to change the filter.
I will test the rodi water.
But the clown is missing also so that's what's really strange.

tonep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
What do the bulbs have to do with fish disappearing?

I have a bare bottom tank so no sand to hide.
I have mushrooms but I am not sure about elephant ears but I think they are so small anyway.
As far as the fish dying the tsnk seams healthy.
Actually the coral are looking very good.
That's why I am very confussed.
I want to know if there is something wrong in the tank because i am getting 4 new fish soon.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I ment the light cause if you have cyno like you said a key to it is old bulbs in the fixture. Now for the fish check the sand or the rocks and around the tank if you have a dog or cat and if the fish jumped out then they might have eaten it. You can never know cover the tank and see waht happens. What coral do you have in the tank

tonep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have somewhat of a canopy.
The fish would have to jump a good 8" out of the water to clear the wood around the edge of the tank. Also, no cats or dogs and it's pretty clear around the tank so I think I can rule that out but will double check tonight.
Corals:
Mushrooms, acans, lobos, candy cane, frogspawn, hammer, brain, chalice, zoas, gordonian, devils hand, colt, leather, dentro, duncan, orange cap, blasto, acanthastrea?, favias, some acros and birdsnests etc.

They are actually doing really well now.
I moved from my 24G a couple of months ago and they are finally really looking good.
Thats why I am clueless as to what happened to the fish.
They fish are eating well and active.
No signs of stress etc.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I asked about the coral because coral well some of them acans and other croral if gived the chance will nail a sick or hurt fish. I knwo the duncans dident do it cause i have huge ones in my tank and they are fine and I have 2 brains and they wont either so. Check the sand and rocks like I said before that is your best option now

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: