danny

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I am in the process of taking down the 30 gal oceanic cube & setting up my 80 gal acrylic cube (Kimoyo-museum acrylics), i moved my corals to a 12 gal nano no sand & in 2 months the Tyree war coral has doubled in size. nano has 48 watts of PC & 30 gal 150 watts HQI MH. coral was on sand in the 30 gal & no sand in the nano. I know intensity of lights could have impact but 30 gal alot deeper than nano. Could the growth be due to a smooth surface (glass) as compared to a sand bottom. The war coral is spreading on the glass bottom. Parameters are the same in both tanks, same water.

danny

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
war coral

Thanks for the reply Jim, I bought the coral from a MR member from the island. His tank was mostly LPS's & it was an Elos tank he won in a raffle. I think it was Kigs not sure. You are right on one thing the color has gotton darker on the coral except for the new growth which is a bright red. It's amazing in that in over a year I did not notice any growth but in 2 months doubled in size.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: