E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Let's talk harlequin shrimp. I love these guys and would like to get a pair.

Please post experiences, good and bad tank mates, general care, pics, etc.

Thanks!

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Here is a link to my gallery submission from a while back when I had one. http://www.manhattanreefs.com/galle...tle&direction=ASC&imageuser=928&cutoffdate=-1
As beautiful as they are I would never get one ever again. A BIG Pain in the %#@ IMO. They only tankmates it bothered were my serpent sea stars. This only happened after they had no starfish to eat. Starfish is the only thing they eat so be prepared to drive all over to locate one when your usual lfs is out of them.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I loved mine when I had it, and plan on getting another as soon as I find one.;)
My reef had been over run by asterinas, so my harley never ran out of food.;)
I did remove all my starfish from the tank before I put it in.;)

triggerhappy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had one ad it was awesome moved in slow motion until a pistol shrimp which i never saw but heard all the time got the best of him. Pistol aloive and well Harlequin gone.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Check this pic out!:tongue1:

I picked up Witold's harley last night, and put it in my ree. Soon as I put it in a started seeing more and more asterinas.
This is what the tank looks like now! They are trying to make a run for it.LOL They're everywhere including the rocks. All of the ones you see are all new, I'd say from about a month or so ago when I removed my previous harley that had them under control.;)

Attachments

• asterinas running for their lifes 001.jpg
    asterinas running for their lifes 001.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 52
  • asterinas running for their lifes 003.jpg
    asterinas running for their lifes 003.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 51

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Damn, I need to get one of those to get my stars in check...do you know if they gobble up the mini brittles that seem to poke out of every hole in my live rock?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: