Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Please see post #6! It is a new issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First question is concerning the use of an extension with an RK2.
Upon reading the manual it is stated that one should NOT use an extension cord. Unfortunately the outlet behind my fowlr is connected to the same circuit breaker that my reef, TV, and some of my kitchen appliances are hooked up to. Therefor I cannot run the fowlr out of those outlets.
The next closes outlet to the fowlr on a different circuit breaker is approximately 9' away. Can I run a heavy duty (orange) extension cord to the RK2?

Second question is how the heck do I change the time on the RK2 now that time fell back?

Last edited:

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I would bet the extension cord warning is for liability reasons. It's probably safe.

Even better than your orange HD extension cord, use an appliance extension cord. They are flat and have discrete lines:

PET15-0309.jpg

No clue on the time settings. I'm a ACjr user (which regularly looses time anyways).
67391-reusing-dead-lr.html

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you Keith & Widdy!

I had already read the manual.;)

What was confusing me on the Time setting option was that as I scrolled down I wasn't finding a screen with "Time Set" option alone.LOL I know, it took me a little time but I had already done it on my own. I'm not the most patient person.;)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, the unit is not working. The lights did not come on when they were suppose to, and although I tried to get them to come on manually they still did not come on. I then checked to make sure that it wasn't my bulbs, or ballast by plugging them into a power strip. Once I plugged them into the power strip they had no problem coming on.
I then called Digital Aquatics who had me run 2 minor test:
1) plug the light into a non relay outlet - still nothing
2) disconnect the temp probe to see if I would get an error message - no message nothing.
This is when I was told that the unit seems to be having a communications problem, and that I need to send it in for service.
Does this sound right to you guys?
I have already reached out to the person I got it from just about a minute ago. But I was hoping someone here knew more, and could tell me how to fix it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: