Status
Not open for further replies.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Sorry people, I need to respond to this post which was in the "Freebie Threads", and I don't want to side track the thread!!!
:irked::irked::irked::irked:

quot-top-left.gif
Quote:
quot-top-right.gif
quot-by-left.gif
Originally Posted by Awibrandy
quot-by-right.gif
quot-top-right-10.gif
WOW, you are truly something else! You will actually throw a living animal in the trash! Perhaps you don't belong in this hobby!
First you rb me to go pick up an anemonie that you were getting for free, but didn't feel like making the drive, and in return for your generosity with someone else's animal I was to pay you back with an animal from my tank. You are a piece of work!

Guess you feel I should mind my own business, but guess what here on MR any living animals welfare is our business. Why not just give the star fish to the first lfs you find? I am absolutely sure any one of them will take in a freebie.

If you got stood up it was probably because your freebie came with strings attached.

I am not one for confrontations, nor for causing trouble. But you have manage to be the first person here on MR that has really gotten under my skin.

Sorry for the rant folks, but I just couldn't stay silent on this one.;(
quot-bot-left.gif
quot-bot-right.gif

First off. You said you were doing an anemone only tank, so I told you to go ahead and get the one for free, just throw me a $5 frag or something. Thats me doing you a favor crazy. Then as I already posted, I tried to leave it for free in 2 lfs here, both said i couldnt leave it as they wouldnt take responsibility. Then I changed around my schedules on Tuesday and Wednesday for NYCdominican, and Onetimer to pick this up and neither even called to tell me they werent coming. They can tell you , there were no strings, they just ran into some problems, thanks for guessing though.

As far as killing a living thing, I should keep the star and risk it killing more of my live stock as opposed to killing it? If I let it kill everything in my tank it would be better than killing one thing?

There are a lot of self-righteous people on here, none of which would come and save this "animal" you all "care" about so much.

How old are you? How were you doing me a favor? You were getting a free anemonie which you decided you did not want to take the drive to pick it up.
You contact me, and tell me that if I want it I should drive to the person who is giving it away for free to pick it up.
In return I should give you a frag out of my tank.LOL

I don't care if you wanted a .02 or $100 frag. Your intent was to charge me for something that was not your's, and not even in your possession.

Please explain how this was you doing me a favor!!!!!!!!

When you could've just been honest with Mr. First, and allowed him to move forward with his intent in finding a home for his' friend's anemone. You have turned one person's good deed into a drama...
This was you looking for something for free....

I give freely all the time! Others here can attest to that!
I never ask for anything in return, all I ask of those that have received something free from me is that they pay it forward at some point.;)

As to your star fish! I for one do not patrol the "Freebie Thread". I know of at least 1 person that offered to take it if no one else would.;)
BTW, your star fish is the first I ever heard of that attacked snails. Are you sure that snail wasn't dead or dying?
Hope the star fish found a new home, other then your garbage can.:(

:irked::irked::irked::irked:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Then as I already posted, I tried to leave it for free in 2 lfs here, both said i couldnt leave it as they wouldnt take responsibility. Then I changed around my schedules on Tuesday and Wednesday for NYCdominican, and Onetimer to pick this up and neither even called to tell me they werent coming. They can tell you , there were no strings, they just ran into some problems, thanks for guessing though.

Sorry- But I did call you and responded via MR ,I told you i got stuck at work and would call you when I got out- Which I did - I called at 7:25 and asked that if we could meet today!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
OneTimer, his attack was/is not directed at you!;) He does say in his post that the people that were suppose to pick up the star "they just ran into some problems,"
He is directing that comment at me.;) Because I posted that he probably attached conditions to the free star fish.lol

And I did post that because of what he tried to do with the anemone.
I don't know this person, nor do I like to judge. Unfortunately after being here on MR for some 6yrs. or so, and seeing much drama & jerks come and go this person just really got under my skin... Perhaps one day I will meet this person, and end up liking him. Who knows, he may very well be a great person.lol

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Awi- I wasn't accusing him of anything- sounds like a really nice guy! I was just stating a fact and Stated "Sorry" as the first line to appologize to him. I even called him after the post to see if he still had it and set up a pick up.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awi- I wasn't accusing him of anything- sounds like a really nice guy! I was just stating a fact and Stated "Sorry" as the first line to appologize to him. I even called him after the post to see if he still had it and set up a pick up.

I know you weren't accusing him of anything.;) I just thought you might have felt that you were being somehow put in the middle of this.:)
Just wanted to clear it up that's all.:hug:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I will say this. Awi is one of the nicest people I have ever met (in life) Let alone in the reef hobby.
I will also attest that she has given me free frags on more than one occasion,,with no strings attached.
She is truly what this hobby should be all about.
"And that is all I have to say about that"

nminunni

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
nope, the snail was alive. Its not really a big deal. I do think its funny how big of a deal this turned out to be over something no one wanted.

just funny that's all.

Thanks again to everyone for the concern for the fish. Services will be held later this week. I can keep you posted if you guys need?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Wow this is fun, keep it up awi, I was waiting for you to pick it up last night too! It woulda been nice to meet you.

Oh well

Huh, I was suppose to pick it up? No one told me.:splitspin That is too funny!!!

The End/FINITO

Mods you can close this thread now. There is no point to this. No lesson is going to be learned unfortunately..;(

This will only become another "Drama Thread"............:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: