D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on loosing the MH's. I am thinking T5's are the way to go. Yes I know everyone loves the LED'S but they are a little out of my league at this time. ANYWAY I was wondering what people were using and who recommends what fixture. Also if there is no great fixture that is out there what is the best retro kit.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
what don't you like about the halides?

I am worried I will not be able to pay the electric bill when I get my own place so I am doing my best to make my tank as electric friendly and still have a sweet reef tank with hopes of being able to keep my 180 with out having to down grade :)

After I change the lights the return pump is next to be replaced and so on.

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
The WavePoint T5HO's are great. I wish I had bought them from the start instead of the Current Nova Extremes and having to swap out the crappy stock bulbs. The only part of the Wave Points that I'm not a fan of is the one switch so you can't have just actinics or just daylights. I've heard that they're changing this.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
The WavePoint T5HO's are great. I wish I had bought them from the start instead of the Current Nova Extremes and having to swap out the crappy stock bulbs. The only part of the Wave Points that I'm not a fan of is the one switch so you can't have just actinics or just daylights. I've heard that they're changing this.

Yeah the one switch is not acceptable, I would like the fixture to have 2 or more

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I would stay away from Ebay, too much to worry about. I just sent a 36" T5 back to a supplier, it didn't work. He made good for it but not worth it.
Aquatinetics is awsome, excpet when one of my fans started going bad after less then a year. I called and the owner gave me the model # of the fan, and told me they were available through most distributors, instead of offering to send me one for free, otherwise it is a very nice unit.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
OK..... I am thinking two of the 8 bulb 36'' ati powermodule or the 72'' Aquactinics Constellation is going to be the best option for me at this time unless someone else can show me something I havent seen

How much are good reputable LED fixtures? Much more than these two light fixtures with bulbs will cost?

Any and all info is appreciated

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: