mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Unfortunate mishap befell my tank. Return line under the tank came loose when I was out of the house and pump sprayed water around, hitting my vortech control driver thing. Now it flashes red obviously because it got wet.

This ever happen to anyone? I removed the circuit and have it sitting in front of a fan for the last 7 hours or so, still flashes red and won't operate the pump. Wondering if it will come back eventually or if it's fried.

Once jumped in the pool with my phone and it came back after a few days.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Next time try soaking it in some rubbing alcohol (Isopropyl) for 15-20 minutes. It displaces the water. I have used this trick on a cell phone, TDS meter and several wireless microphone transmitters with 100% success so far. Unfortunately, I think it needs to be done immediately.

Last edited:

Aquatic Life Direct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
You might be able to try this....

Enter feed mode, then hold the mode and set buttons to enter the calibration sequence. Then, while the pump blinks yellow and white, Unplug the pump and then plug it back in. This cancels the calibration and the pump then it may operate normally...

If that doesnt work, i would say that the controller is no good. I believe flashing red means you enabled the disconnect error protection mode

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: