CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Yesterday I was gluing some frags and I didn?t notice that some glue fell on the tank and unfortunately my tang thought it was food and went after? now I believe his mouth is glued? arrrrggggg!!!!!!!! I tried to feed it , he goes after the food but I guess he cant open his mouth.. Is there anything that I can do??? Will he be able to open his mouth???

Here is the pic but blurry.. and to make it worst, he got ick..

Any advice??

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 204

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've never heard of this happening.

I can't think of a solution... sorry.

all I can say there is an obvious lesson to be learned from this for everybody.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Javier can you put him in QT? I know your thinking what the h double hokey sticks will that do?lol QT because of the ick. Qt for less stress while someone comes up with a solution.
Also perhaps it's mouth is not glued, not eating because of the ick.:(

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
This happened to a chromis of mine years ago......let him be i was told that the glue will come off due to the natural slime on the fish or whatever its called....but since the fish does have ick this will add to its stress...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
He was recovering from ick.. I use extreme garlic and that has saved my fish from ick quite a few times so he was getting better..but then this happened.. so f@#$ piss!!..
Awi.. he goes after food..like crazy but I guess he cant open his mouth..
Jhov.. ok.. hopefully he will recover.. otherwise.. he not eating and with ick.. not a good combination.. :0(

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
What HOV said +1. But leave him in the tank. You'll only stress him out even more by chasing him around to catch him.

The natural slime coat will cause the glue to come off. He won't starve.

Russ

CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
He is back!!

Good news..
He or She is back!!! glue is gone.. ick is almost gone.. and he might be gone too..lol.. I might sell it.. but for now he is back and eating like a piggy.. that was close.. :eek:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 108

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: