AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hey, anyone know why my Korallin Ca Reactor's effluent is only around 20dkh? It should be reading 30-50dkh. The CO2 is running at nearly 30 bpm and the effluent is just pouring out right now because the dkh is so low. The reactor is 80%full of aragonite/magnesium mix. What could be my problem?

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
That makes perfect sense Ming! My pH is a little high, its 7.3. What do you think is the best setting for Ca & Drip? I'll lower my drip to 1 per second and see how it goes. Thanks bud!

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Everything I read says 6.7 is ideal, but my media tends to stay more solid and less like mush if I keep it 6.9-7.0
When the media turns to mush, it gets very powdery and can easily clog the effluent which makes it hard to have a constant drip.
Keeping it a higher PH like 7 will waste more co2 though, but $15 every 6-9 months is no big deal to me. I keep my effluent at 7 personally, and I have the korallin 3002 model. My effluent is coming out pretty much like a thin stream of constant water though

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i know 6.7 is the consensus on most reactors. i use the rowalith media and it requires the ph between 6.1-6.5 to really dissolve the media, i use more C02 but i only run my reactor 10 hours a day

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: