janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I'm just about had it... with making ro/di water
Every now and then, I forget about the Ro/Di and find my kitchen flooded ..
I set up timers , but then i foget that too. Where can i get a water bug / dector . and what else can i do ??? This is getting frustating ..

Thank you

Janey

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Set up a float switch hooked up to a solenoid that shuts off the RO/DI. Only way that will automatically shut it off for you.

I make mine in a 40g garbage can, which usually takes 6-8 hours to flood. Start it sometime during dinner and its ready when im getting ready for bed. I usually have extra water that goes for top off water in my FW tank.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
You could also buy a storage tank. Get a 14gal tank, which will hold about 10gal. Then empty the tank into your storage container & top off bucket. Once you do this the system will start to make water again, which will fill into the storage tank. Once it's filled it will shut off. You can make easily make 20 - 30 gals of water a day. This is what I do and I've never had a spill.

Last edited by a moderator:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
The only thing (IMO) that will never fail. Is making it in the bathtub or kitchen sink. I had a 3 gal. spill on the second floor & had to replace ceiling in a 14x14 room below.

bmarkus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
it is an easy fix

I'm just about had it... with making ro/di water
Every now and then, I forget about the Ro/Di and find my kitchen flooded ..
I set up timers , but then i foget that too. Where can i get a water bug / dector . and what else can i do ??? This is getting frustating ..

Thank you

Janey

Get a float switch (stainless steel) mount it on whatever you collect RO water in wire it through a solenoid valve. When the switch is made the solenoid valve will shut down the flow of water. Works great for me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: