cnotes999

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Can the TDS meter go bad after some time on a R/O unit? Im geting 0.24 readings and I changed all my filters, membrane and DI. I never had this problem before. Thanks

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Is it a handheld TDS or an inline?
If an inline - what reading are you getting on the 'in' side? Assuming the 0.24 is on the 'out' side.

If you changed ALL of the filters and the membrane (especially) - you need to let it run for hours for new membrane to begin working (and to get all of the carbon out of the new carbon filter)

Any other reefers nearby that can check against their TDS for you..or even a LFS?

cnotes999

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
its an inline. Ive been running it for quite a while now and its finally down to 0.00 so I think eveything should be good. Thanks Kathy!!

Is it a handheld TDS or an inline?
If an inline - what reading are you getting on the 'in' side? Assuming the 0.24 is on the 'out' side.

If you changed ALL of the filters and the membrane (especially) - you need to let it run for hours for new membrane to begin working (and to get all of the carbon out of the new carbon filter)

Any other reefers nearby that can check against their TDS for you..or even a LFS?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: