darkdrako

Looks mean doesn't she!?
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
After many months of thinking, I have decided to begin picking up all necessary items to begin two frag tanks with the hope of eventually starting a business way down the road.

The setup will be two 30 breeders for the frags and a 29g for a sump (all of which is just sitting patiently to be used). All live rock, heater, skimmer and return will be below with only the frag racks and powerheads above. One idea I have been throwing around is to have T5 on one tank for softies and LPS and MH over the other for SPS. Here is a quick sketch I did on AutoCAD.
FRAG-Model-1.jpg

I will make the stands seperate for ease of moving/installation and if required seperation of the systems. The T5 fixture will most likely be a 4x39w setup but I no idea what to do for the MH side. I have never used MH so it will be a learning experience. For the depth and width of the tank, I am thinking of 2 150w lights.

What does everyone think? Any help of the selection of lighting would be great.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldnt change a thing...I like your idea. the 30g breeders are very nice tanks..there should be some good deals coming in the next few days on lighting systems and components for the holidays...good time to save some cash!

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I would go as big as possible from the start. Adding on tanks/equipment later down the road is always a pain in the neck. Remember just because tanks are plumbed into your system does not mean they have to be running.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: