FishyLovers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i am a beginer and i want to know, besides amonia, nitrate, ph, kh, and gh,what else do i have to test for? and what trace elements do i need?
oh ya i have a FOWLR tank with 2 clowns, a copperband butterfly, and many snails and am not planning on corals for a while.

crxin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
how are you making out with the copperband, they are very difficult fish to keep. If you are a beginner then I would almost suggest to hold off on trying to keep a copperband.

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
You really shouldn't feel too guilty. He most likely have died in someone's tank. They are diificult to acclimate, tankmates harass them and then when you think you have a good one, you will find it dead in the tank for no apparent reason. IMO it's a real hard fish to keep

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i am a beginer and i want to know, besides amonia, nitrate, ph, kh, and gh,what else do i have to test for? and what trace elements do i need?
oh ya i have a FOWLR tank with 2 clowns, a copperband butterfly, and many snails and am not planning on corals for a while.

Seems like you're well-covered there.

I'd advise you to do research on the copperband butterfly and think seriously about the purchase, or purchase a proven eater/survivor from another reefkeeper.

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont feel too bad about the copperband, pros sometimes can't keep them alive either, do a research or post a thread here before buying ANY livestock, most LFS just push to make a sale.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: