thesauce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I can probably help, the only thing I am struggling with is accessing mine from outside of my network (a wifi network other than my home network or 3g.) What do you need help with? There is a huge thread on reefcentral as well you should check out.

michaelp

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
@ClosetFishGeek Tell us all the pieces you have and what you want to do and I'll try to help.

@thesauce Can you point to the thread on reefcentral?

ttsNYCreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just got mine. Spent the better part of a day getting it running, programmed, and re-programmed again with more detail. I even got it to email me. I have yet to try to access it from outside the apartment but it looks possible.

post up your questions and i'll try to answer. also check out the Neptune Systems vendor forum at reefcentral.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Wow..... I downloaded the new manual and all i can say Is why would they ship new Apex's with old manual....:irked: The new one is much better and I got the lights finally working....I finnally kind of get it. Got the temp probe and ph probe working as well. But now I still am having problems setting up my 4hd outlet and having it comunicate with the base. The directions once again dont say anything about the pin settings on the 4hd only that you use them to switch on x10 control which I do not need. I assume you need to put the pin in the "on" setting in order for the that specific outlet to work. How did you guys get this thing to connect wireless ?
All in all I have the moon simulator, 1 4hd and 2 eb8's....

Ty sauce, michaelp,creep for getting back so quicly. I havnt even attempted to email or try any other options to connect from outside the network. Did the majority just hook it up to your computer and program or use the apex head unit ?

Thanks again,

Thane

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
Profilux is working on vortech too. But I cant cast the vote for the manual - I got help from people on line to set it up since manual is .... :)

I was but when I heard that they were working on the vortech controller I decided to pull the trigger....:splitspin However Im sure the profilux put together a much better manual...

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
You first need to decide what you want to call the 4HD, I used and set it as D1-4 for mine. I think you are limited to A-D on these.

Next step is to go to the Module setup screen and add "DirectConnet4 (DC4) and fill in "D1" as the Start control address.

You should see "Outlet XXXXX (Cntl:D1)" and the rest of the outlets in the Outlet Setup screen, you can now rename the outlets to match your equipment needs and program accordingly.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
You first need to decide what you want to call the 4HD, I used and set it as D1-4 for mine. I think you are limited to A-D on these.

Next step is to go to the Module setup screen and add "DirectConnet4 (DC4) and fill in "D1" as the Start control address.

You should see "Outlet XXXXX (Cntl:D1)" and the rest of the outlets in the Outlet Setup screen, you can now rename the outlets to match your equipment needs and program accordingly.

Ty cali.....I apreciate it.....Where the hell is this in the manual....:irked: I will try this tommorrow..

isgon26

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
420   0   0
I just got mine today. Does anyone know if you can hook this up to internet wirelessly? Or do you have to run an ethernet cable? I haven't even tried turning it on yet. But the manual doesnt seem to go into much detail. Where can i download the new one?

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I just got mine today. Does anyone know if you can hook this up to internet wirelessly? Or do you have to run an ethernet cable? I haven't even tried turning it on yet. But the manual doesnt seem to go into much detail. Where can i download the new one?

I am using a wireless bridge, others have reported wireless game adaptors from linksys and dlink works as well. Wired will be a better solution if you can go that route, one less thing to fail (or figure out how it works).

isgon26

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
420   0   0
manual

Where did you download the new manual?

Wow..... I downloaded the new manual and all i can say Is why would they ship new Apex's with old manual....:irked: The new one is much better and I got the lights finally working....I finnally kind of get it. Got the temp probe and ph probe working as well. But now I still am having problems setting up my 4hd outlet and having it comunicate with the base. The directions once again dont say anything about the pin settings on the 4hd only that you use them to switch on x10 control which I do not need. I assume you need to put the pin in the "on" setting in order for the that specific outlet to work. How did you guys get this thing to connect wireless ?
All in all I have the moon simulator, 1 4hd and 2 eb8's....

Ty sauce, michaelp,creep for getting back so quicly. I havnt even attempted to email or try any other options to connect from outside the network. Did the majority just hook it up to your computer and program or use the apex head unit ?

Thanks again,

Thane

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
The one I have up for grabs is the linksys wireless gaming adapter N ultra range plus. I would have used it I just found using the apple products was as easy as the RK1,,lol.. It found everything apple in 3 seconds..

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Like I didnt have enough problems setting this thing up....I broke the display last night....:irked: Jeez ....well at least it gives me time to read the manual another 6 times while I wait for a new display....lovely

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: