samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
dude listen like since the 1st post i said i know my plumbin and setup is bad, but i can't turn around now. This setup isn't going to last more then a year here so it isn't wise for me to redo this one. see the way jhale said its for concern i agree i took it as concern from herman but everything cali said was rough. i don't know if ur just rasied to speak like that to people and be a smart ass or u just think ur a smartass.

number 1 i admitted checkvalve, setup, plumbing all at fault
number 2 i understand my drawing is bad
number 3 i only wanted info on correctin flow without havin to touch the tank and distrubing the stuff indere to much
number 4 i aint offended like i said to people tellin me its a poor setup and i might flood my house
number 5 i stated thats not to concern right now if it does it does to bad for me
i just want help on flow
and last but not least if it does flood i would post it before i mop the floor okay guys?
edited by jhale
i've been workin with fishes since i learned to walk i flooded twice and i learned but never once did i have a check vavle failed one me and i know its a chance im takin. but thats not what i came to ask i just wanted to see other peoples comments on movement of water not a wet floorvone again thank u and yea im not sayin it wont fail if it wasnt plastic im just sayin it would be a great chance that it will be more durable

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
1. All parts that come in contact with the water must be plastic. You said your checkvalve is not plastic. Metal can and will corrode/rust when exposed to saltwater. That will kill everything in your tank very quickly.

2. If you want more flow but dont like the sandstorm get rid of the sand and make it a barebottom tank. Once the sand is gone, get 1 Tunze 6060 powerhead and all your flow problems will be solved.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Chill, you got the answers you were looking for. There is no miracle answer for you. No one knows your tank like you do. Add more powerheads, a closed loop, siphon out your sand and go with a BB and Streams, Penductors with a High flow pressure pump or just break your whole tank down and start over. We all said the same thing 50 times over again. Dont get pissed. Move on. Next question you might get reamed on :)

Later,

Kasei

PS: The nastier you get, the less anyone will try to help you. :)

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
as for the intake all i have to do is do a rasied piping to fix the flood problem thats simple but its ugly to have 100 things in the tanks but could be done in less then 5 mins and having the inflow lower means more water movement in the tank i didnt want the return water to fall rah back in to the overflow now? do i?

i would have done BB from the start if everyone didnt tell me ITS A MUST U NEED CRUSSH CORALS OR A SAND BED to reduce nitrate and have the bacterial living in the sand bed but like i said i researced all the wrong place my setup before was a high flow undergroundfilter with was only turned on by timer to clean up the water once a while and changed andcleaned out weekly but then people say WET/DRYS are better i followed then as i researched more i found out sumps needed no bio media and is better off LR filled

so i as i stated i have picked up alot after i have had alil hand on experiance i know how i could improve on my plumbing i know whats the best way to plumb my next system but as of now all i wanted to do is have water flow thru that dead stop and i know it was for my own good when u guys are asking guess i smoked to much pot as a kid bad memory so i miss out on things i read that i needed to answer sorry dudes if i got lost but it just felt like everything was goin into plumbin when i just wanted better flow u know like i would never add sh*t like i put my money on it that it will flood cause honestly it wont help to the kids question and if it does start to flood when im around it would be shutoff and if its a mistake i woulda place an intake pipe back up to the top for return simple as that

sorry if i misunderstood and dudes honestly it felt as u guys were being a bit rude

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
dude im not tryin to be nasty i felt that cali was being nasty with comments like that when i know i am takin a chance at floodin like almost all my posts come with thank yous and pleases like i said i greatly appreciate the help i get from here but i believe stupid comments like that should had been added and the purpose of the thread to be converted into a bet about my house flooding

and thank u guys i will redo the overflow and inflow to the ones that told me it will flood

and as for BB? i don't feel like removin all my rocks and now since i know how i got to do my overflow and return i need the sand to cover the pipin intank underneath

once again my fault

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Understood. No problem. Hope it all works out for you. One more thing (not Picking on you "ok I am") You HAVE to use periods in a sentence. So I can take a breath before passing out dude. Other than that, I hope you have an idea of what you are going to do. As always glad to help when I can.

Kasei

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
dont go nuts dude. i understand how you feel. stuff happens and we learn from it. thats all this is a hobby just fix the problems you have wit ya tank and then grab a beer sit back and relax infront of ya tank. hehe i love doing that. we all make mistakes the best part is the learning experience. dude if you need any other help with anything at all pm me i live in staten island and i own a pizzaria in brooklyn. so im always around if i aint working. goodluck

anthony

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: