What setting on your ECOTECH VORTECH mp40w are you running?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
okay currently purchased an ecotech vortech mp40w from an mr member and I am having trouble deciding which is the best setting for my mixed reef 155g.
I do like the setting on short pulse w/ a moderate wave... seems more natural to me but, I want to know what you guys are setting yours too and what works. It is heavily dominatedwith lps at the moment and I am trying to put a lot more sps..in the top quarter of the tank. I am currently running it at reef crest mode 75%, a setting that a few other reefers have told me to start out with. Yes later on i will put another vortech on the opposite side but right now just have a koralia 2 and koralia 4 at that opposite side. thank you guys for you input...

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Okay.. well after a week of running it in reefcrest 75% I noticed very little polyp extensions from my sps. So now I switched to short pulse. Lps seem to like it as do the fish. Now my sps have all polyps extended a lot further... I know that sps likes high indirect flow but they are displaying that they might just like the rhythmic natural motion of a wave. Not mention with reefcrest I lost my Marshall island acro. ..no it was not in direct flow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: