Joeballz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far ive i believe im doing everything right. This diatom has been sticking around for too long now. i was told maybe 2 weeks and it will die off. well it did kinda them came back. Im i doing something wrong? My tank is only 1 month old. Will it die off eventually? And do they make any chemicals worth buying to control it? Thanks.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
my tanks almost 2 months and it came and disappeared then it came back a little. let the tank age. don't worry about it. whats your light schedule? what kind of lights? prob some questions people will ask

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
So far ive i believe im doing everything right. This diatom has been sticking around for too long now. i was told maybe 2 weeks and it will die off. well it did kinda them came back. Im i doing something wrong? My tank is only 1 month old. Will it die off eventually? And do they make any chemicals worth buying to control it? Thanks.

What are your current parameters?

Most folks have their actinics come on about 30 minutes prior to their daylight bulbs, run the daylights for 8 hours and then have the actinics run for another 30 minutes past that.

Are the bulbs new?

...and yes, it will eventually die off :)
..and yes, snails do that :) They go where the food (to them) is.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: