• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I recently read a pointed and emotionly charged thread about prices of high end corals and designer zoas. I can see both sides of this issue very clearly and I am not sure where I can fit into that debate.

But,

This seems to be the opposite, taking a basic intro coral/freeby/weed like coral and trying to rip off consumers.

Im not going to name the store, it is in long island.
This picture is not hiding any other language associated with the name or price of the coral.
I did not confirm whether the store employees were taking crazy pills, but it looks like it.

And, what does T/R mean?

Last edited:

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Dude I will go there sunday and comfirm the ripping off those people rip off soooo much common 50 for a kenya tree ooookkk WOW if what was the case I guess we could all call ourselves millionares I have 5 of them in my tank, I guess I am loaded luck meeee

And for the t/r I would have to say total retard for considering buying a kena tree at that price yeaaa maby in 1990 or later but common

Removed Store Name

Last edited by a moderator:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Tank raised, of course.

My endless surprise at this price stupified me.
Two days later I still cant believe the balls this store has.

I live a couple miles from this place and the best advice I ever got came from one of the employees that worked there.

He was a young kid who talked me out of buying anything there and told me about Manhattan Reefs. There is something good that came out of there.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
not saying that th OP is or isnt right but the store person probably payed 20 and is trying to make a profit. and remember if it is tank raised it will cost more because if u do the math, frag plug cost the aquaculturer money, electric water salt, equipment, chemicals, rubberbands, coral at one time cost him money, shipping, shipping materials, and time. now put urself in the owner of the lfs shoes, if u pay $20 for a coral for u to sell dont u want to mark up and make ur profit to pay ur bills and get a paycheck? look at a kenya tree in ora, $29.99 +shipping

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
not saying that th OP is or isnt right but the store person probably payed 20 and is trying to make a profit. and remember if it is tank raised it will cost more because if u do the math, frag plug cost the aquaculturer money, electric water salt, equipment, chemicals, rubberbands, coral at one time cost him money, shipping, shipping materials, and time. now put urself in the owner of the lfs shoes, if u pay $20 for a coral for u to sell dont u want to mark up and make ur profit to pay ur bills and get a paycheck? look at a kenya tree in ora, $29.99 +shipping

:irked: Stalker!

:joke: Wrong thread :lol2:

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
:lol2:eek:k but back to the subject of what i wrote, check out oras kenya tree and ull see what im talking about

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
its still a kenya tree, you can always polish a turd but at the end of u polishing it, its still a piece of sh**. get me? i have a whole 7 colonies in my tank on the sand bed. its still kenya tree, all im saying is that they need the profit to stay in business

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: