DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I also am 100% sure on the store and frequented this store when I first started. The prices are I N S A N E yes but not only are the prices insane but they quality has really gone down. I will stop in to look when I am in that area and its just sad.

I first thought it was a great store but as I learned saw the huge mark up. I do understand its a business like anything else so one must make profit but some of the prices almost made me laugh

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
(simply very rich area hence the price)

^^^ This. I am SURE ... ALOT of the people that go into that shop (which we all know which one it is) there have no idea about this hobby ... don't take care of their tanks themselves ... and clearly DO NOT care what they pay for corals/fish/drygoods etc.etc.

I have scored some ridiculous deals at this LFS myself ... knowing some of the employees ... that are unfortunately no longer there.

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
T/R= Total ripoff

However, it appears that there is a "club price" of $37.49, which is not nearly as much of a ripoff

LOL. :tongue1:

2x a year during major sales, if you know what you're doing, you can find some decent deals there. Overall, their retail mark-up is literally double that of most other LFSs. Even with this crazy profit margin the majority of their profit comes from their maintenance department (or so I was told).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: