mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the second link you posted is garbage. they are not UL listed and will absorb moisture in the air. i put one over a tank for a single day and when i went to check on it only half was lit and it was smoking. it looked as if it was submerged. meanwhile, it was 6" away from the water.

the first link is a bit more powerful. you can keep sps and whatever you want under a series of 1 watt LEDs. that's the beauty of them. they put out alot of light.
however, this fixture was built by the same company. the odds are these are not UL listed either and i wouldn't recommend using them over your tank. especially not for 155 dollars.

mstrpln03

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I don't think you need reflectors with led's. They only put out a spread of about 120 degrees so there would be no back light to reflect.

The boards they are mounted on need to be waterproof however, because the lights are wired in series and if the boards absorb water, you'll end up with a light like mr X did.

C

CrashGibson

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks for the feed back guys, was looking at same lights in the first pic, looked like pcd lights but seperated...was curious?

C

CrashGibson

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I hope this isnt stealing thread, forgive me if so, but what about the same type of LED of first pic BUT with red and blue bulbs for plant growth? any ideas?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: